What do you think of the new site and forums?

Talk about anything you like as long as it isn't offensive
111SLi

What do you think of the new site and forums?

Post by 111SLi »

Hello Ladies and Gents,

We hope you like the all new website and forum for Metropower, we have worked hard and put many hours into it, however we'd love to know what you think so fire away :)
DotMatrix

Re: What do you think of the new site and forums?

Post by DotMatrix »

its great you guys put all the effort in. also the shop and stories section is a really good idea!
I think a greater separation of posts using colouring or borders in threads would make them more easily read.
gshaw

Post by gshaw »

DotMatrix wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:08 pm I think a greater separation of posts using colouring or borders in threads would make them more easily read.
Just made a few styling tweaks regarding the above, should start seeing the changes soon 8-)
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

I see it. That helped thanks:-)
111SLi

Post by 111SLi »

Thanks for the feedback!

How about you do us a story for your racer and send us a few hi res pics? Feature it ;)
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

111SLi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:59 am Thanks for the feedback!

How about you do us a story for your racer and send us a few hi res pics? Feature it ;)
I will do that yes :)

ps. how about having the forum placed on https?
pps. can you display the latest poster in a catagory on the phone version of the board index?
Artstu

Post by Artstu »

I much prefer a forum to Facebook, so a thumbs up from me :)

I'm a fan of Artodia black, so if that was an option here I'd be extremely happy with the forum ;) https://www.artodia.com/phpbb-styles/black/
gshaw

Post by gshaw »

DotMatrix wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:03 am ps. how about having the forum placed on https?
pps. can you display the latest poster in a catagory on the phone version of the board index?
Having the whole forum on HTTPS would really hit the performance so not sure about that at the moment, really only the login pages that need it I reckon.

Will have a look at the latest poster idea, there may be a plugin for it 8-)

Also just changed the button colours to make them stand out a bit more (matches the website now) and adjusted the styling of the quotes so they have a bit of margin around them.
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

gshaw wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 pm
DotMatrix wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:03 am ps. how about having the forum placed on https?
Having the whole forum on HTTPS would really hit the performance so not sure about that at the moment, really only the login pages that need it I reckon.

Will have a look at the latest poster idea, there may be a plugin for it 8-)

Also just changed the button colours to make them stand out a bit more (matches the website now) and adjusted the styling of the quotes so they have a bit of margin around them.
quick response. great:)
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

When i browse the forum on my phone, the top "new topic" button doesn't seem to work but the button one does.