Rover Metro race car for sale

For Sale adverts go here
Gsr88

Rover Metro race car for sale

Post by Gsr88 »

Well known and hugely successful Rover Metro for sale.

This car has been developed over many seasons of racing in various championships. I have raced in MGCC Metro Cup, SEMSEC Saloons, BARC SE Tintops, 750MC Hot Hatch plus it is eligible for many more championships.

The car started out as a one make Metro Cup car where I won many races, fastest laps, podiums etc finished 3rd in the championship in 2012.

For the 2014 season, I campaigned it in the BARC South East Tintop championship where it was outright championship winner.

This season I have competed in class B of 750 Motor Club Hot Hatch championship, finishing 5th in class.

Current spec of the car is as follows:

Jenvey direct to head throttle bodies
VVC head converted to solid cam & fully ported
Piper cams, uprated valve springs & caps
TTV Racing superlight steel flywheel
Stainless steel Janspeed 4 branch manifold with custom exhaust system - passes all MSA noise tests and optimised to maintain power on rolling road
Uprated cerametallic clutch & pressure plate
Quaife ATB diff with rare final drive

Engine was built by Hellier Performance & gearbox maintained by Road & Race Transmissions.

Currently running Emerald ECU which is mapped by Track n Road.
ECU has been relocated internal to the car with bespoke wiring loom.

Standard dash replaced with race gauges including tell tale rev counter, oil pressure gauge & warning light, water temperature gauge and warning light, voltmeter and shift lights.

Aluminium race fuel tank relocated to spare wheel well, complete with swirl pot and twin lift & high pressure pump sets and Sytec fuel pressure regulator.

MSA dry break fuel sampling system fitted to fuel rail

All brake lines run internal to the car with adjustable rear limiting valve. All final connections in flexible stainless braided hoses.

Kirkey lightweight race seat and full cover.
OMP 6 point harness still in date fitted to cage with perfect angle for HANS compatibility

Quick release steering wheel
Anderson jump plug
Relocated battery to passenger compartment
MSA approved rain light

GAZ adjustable front shocks & SPAX adjustable rear shocks.
Retains the Rover Hydragas system, but fully individualised to enable individual control of each corner. Easily achieves 50% cross weights on scales.

Car is fully lightened and fits the Hot Hatch power to weight ratio of 200bhp/tonne perfectly. All doors, bonnet and boot fully de-skinned, holes drilled where possible, polycarbonate windows all round apart from front screen.

Fully poly-bushed wishbones, ARB etc
Rear sub-frame solid mounted

Well set up and balanced car with optimal camber, toe & caster settings. Info available for new owner with regards to current settings

Car has always been maintained meticulously with regular fluid changes, new bearings, ball joints, cv joints etc

Additional electric water circulation pump to allow the car to cool without heat soaking after each session using the twin fan set up on the car.

Car is available with different specification engines as mentioned above (Metro Cup, Tintop championship winning engine, or Hot hatch) at varying prices. Price stated in this advert is in its current hot hatch spec - £4750

Huge spares package available by separate negotiation, this would cover almost anything you will ever need.

Please call or email for any more info and pictures

Neal
07862 285 973
nealgardiner@hotmail.com

Located in Gillingham, Kent
hubbard

Re: Rover Metro race car for sale

Post by hubbard »

hi does any metro knowlegable person live near Gillingham I have head and waterpump problems regards john