4 pot calipers

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
DUF2

4 pot calipers

Post by DUF2 »

Hi
I need help for a problem I have with 4 pot calipers that have been fitted to my ‘65 Riley Elf.
A couple of bleed nipples have snapped off on my Right Hand caliper. I tried to remove the snapped nipples but failed when I tried to drill them oversize. The caliper is now scrap. I have searched eBay etc for a serviceable caliper but the only ones available have snapped nipples.
I have tried to buy new REMY calipers DC81621, but the 2 suppliers have sent calipers where the inlet ports have not been “faced” Which means they are not compatible with the Goodridge hose kit which utilises banjo unions.
Does anyone know where I can get a serviceable RH 4 pot vented caliper or know the part number for a new one with faced ports?
DotMatrix

Re: 4 pot calipers

Post by DotMatrix »

there must be a lot available. try requesting one on the metro power for sale facebook page. a lot more users on there.
but yes, you have to be really really carefull with those bleed nipples. they have a tendency to snap even 5-10 years from new. I have never had success with drilling them out, the nipple are harder than the caliper. use heat and penetrating fluid when removing them if they look stuck.
DUF2

Post by DUF2 »

I can’t get onto the Facebook page as my membership is still pending.
DUF2

Post by DUF2 »

Got onto Facebook now. Just hope someone can help.