Immobiliser problems

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Kitnomad

Immobiliser problems

Post by Kitnomad »

I am running a rover100 1.1 spi kit car. I am using the engine, electrics ,dash,subframes front and back with all running gear it was originally mini but everything was knackered. So I bought an mot failure R100
Failed on body rot (why they payed for an mot is beyond me ) so I adapted to fit to my Nomad.
Being rebuilding it for a while now I'm determined it goes for a mot this year
One problem which has cropped up after I have all exterior lights up and working and most of the dash connected the immobiliser has started to work. We're as before the engine would start without touching the fob didn't even know we're I'd put it .now no starter . I have checked everything I have no code no door locks just the fob and a key. I have spent hours trawling the rover/ mini /mg forums fora solution most just talk about resincking the fob and recoding using door locks no good to me don't have any.
I was beginning to think I would never get this resolved until last night ,ihad been looking on the MGF forum and when ever a immobiliser problem cropped up a name was mentioned.
technoze-electronics.co.uk this is the company that can install abit of kit into your Mems unit and no more immobiliser making it plug and play. Current charge for this service is £40 including return postage uk only but look on his website because I think he does eu as well this is not just a bit of coding it is a bit of hardware installation. He has loads of other Rover related stuff he does give him a look.
My mems unit went in the post today.