114 mgf radiator high temp gauge

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Marksouthwales

114 mgf radiator high temp gauge

Post by Marksouthwales »

Can I pick your brains, just finished fit a mgf radiator to the 100, only running 3mins. Temp went off the gauge, have changed water pump and new thermostat housing. Bleed screws open on matrix inlet. Under dizzy, and radiator. Flowing fine. Never had this problem, when bleeding before.

Side note, level hardly dropped in expansion.tank, do I need to susspend it, to bleed. As the f radiator is bigger.

On the mpi, theres a cooling t piece, coming out of head by dizzy. Has two sensore in it. Which sensor does what. Ill take some pics tmw. Got me scratching my head

Mark
Rover 114 Gta
MGF Trophy 160
Ex mechanic Austin, Mazda, 89-2004
South Wales MGf register, mgoc
Dave VVC

Re: 114 mgf radiator high temp gauge

Post by Dave VVC »

The 2 sensors are one for the gauge, (single wire), the other one is for the ecu (2 wires)
You will need a bleed from the top of the rad to the header tank, and another from the cylinder
head (by the dipstick tube) to the header tank, check that ball valve inside tube is not gummed up
and is free to move, this acts as a valve to allow air out up into the header tank, as the air get bled,
coolant pushes the ball up to seal outlet to tank.
Marksouthwales

Re: 114 mgf radiator high temp gauge

Post by Marksouthwales »

All in and working. Massive difference on cooling. Give it the beans, durring testing and the mk1 mgf radiator with mg zr plumbing, worked great :)
Rover 114 Gta
MGF Trophy 160
Ex mechanic Austin, Mazda, 89-2004
South Wales MGf register, mgoc