MK1 MG Metro Wiper/heater blower fuse location

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
tomster

MK1 MG Metro Wiper/heater blower fuse location

Post by tomster »

Hi all I have recently bought a 1983 mg metro and am working through some small jobs to get ready for its mot. The problem I am having is the heater blower, front wipers and front washer plus the indicators on the wing have all stopped working. These were all working before I fitted a new battery so think its possibly a blown fuse. The four fuses in the fuse box are ok and there is also one inline fuse in the fuse box and one on the drivers inner wing which are also ok. The only fuse i can see under the dash is for the radio so is there any other fuses i can not see or any suggestions to sort this problem would be much appreciated.
Marksouthwales

Re: MK1 MG Metro Wiper/heater blower fuse location

Post by Marksouthwales »

Im not to hot on mk1 & mk 2, got to be a common fuse, it wont be a relay, because on all differnt circuits. Got to be a master fuse. Use a multimeter, on the shunts, big fusses, under bonnet.
Rover 114 Gta
MGF Trophy 160
Ex mechanic Austin, Mazda, 89-2004
South Wales MGf register, mgoc
tomster

Re: MK1 MG Metro Wiper/heater blower fuse location

Post by tomster »

Thanks for the reply I finally got round to looking at the car and It turns out the problem was a relay on the drivers side inner wing. Just a few small jobs to do (plus try and source a rear silencer) then I can get the car in to local garage for mot.