Suspension

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Wibblyp

Suspension

Post by Wibblyp »

Some car dealer is selling an r plate rover 1.1 ascot. He is trying to convince me that it does not have standard hydragas suspension and never did have. To the best of my knowledge this is impossible. As an aftermarket, yes. Am I correct in this ?
Dave VVC

Re: Suspension

Post by Dave VVC »

Iirc the Ascot had std cans front and back, and no Arb front or back, or dampers, (as GTi fitment)
if this car has a Arb fitted front or rear, or dampers, then I'd suspect that the prev owner has had
them fitted, so it MAY have non std cans retro fitted.
I dont even think that the Ascot has a split rear seat, rev counter, clock, so I doubt it would have uprated cans.
Wibblyp

Post by Wibblyp »

Cheers dave, he put his hands up and admitted he was wrong. Trouble is I still want the car. 2 door, 1.4mpi, no sunroof, brg and 13k. Down to £875. Thinking, offer £550 and see if I get away with it.
Wibblyp

Post by Wibblyp »

Correction 1.1
Dave VVC

Post by Dave VVC »

1.1 mpi is a easy switch to 1.8 mpi electrically, just need ecu and 5AS as its all mems 1.9,
Also the fuel pump is good for 1.8 as mpi fuel pressure is 3bar if you were thinking of going
down that route.
Wibblyp

Post by Wibblyp »

Yes agree. Have an old 160 vvc that is hopefully still down in Andover with Tony. Come the new year when works out of the way, it needs a solid cam conversion and a nice shell to put it in. Which brings me to another question, is Dave Andrews still in the game, or retired ?