radius arm repair pins p reg

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
minorconfusion

radius arm repair pins p reg

Post by minorconfusion »

as above really, ive been looking in the usual places online and everywhere seems to be out of stock. does anyone know someone i could contact/a part number for easier searching?
thanks all
Pickford

Re: radius arm repair pins p reg

Post by Pickford »

Ebay is your friend theres always loads i got some not long since
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

if its a radius arm repair kit you are looking for there are two kits. one is for an a-series, this one with the two rubber "o-rings":

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-QUALITY- ... 3370644568

the one is for a k-series has other seals
minorconfusion

Post by minorconfusion »

i found plenty of the a series types, spoke to a few people in the know who say ether are usable (difference in length on the thread) and discard the excess parts, ordered one full klit (with plates) and one just the pin kit with a few spacers and washers.. same price/only two on ebay at the time so ill find out the hard way i suppose. i have a pump now, so just gotta pull it apart and see if i now need new arms (they are nocking about quite a bit tbh)
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

you can use an a-series kit in a k-series radius arm. I have done this in the past. you have to reuse a large washer that fits in the end of the radius arm as far as I remember. it fits perfectly when you use the right combination of parts :) I have not noticed any difference in length.
minorconfusion

Post by minorconfusion »

DotMatrix wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:00 am you can use an a-series kit in a k-series radius arm. I have done this in the past. you have to reuse a large washer that fits in the end of the radius arm as far as I remember. it fits perfectly when you use the right combination of parts :) I have not noticed any difference in length.
this is what i wanted to hear :D i have a pump and have restored the ride hight for now but will tackle the pins/arms asap. any tips for bearing removal? is there also a grease tube in these arms or are they no longer hollow?
thanks again
minorconfusion

Post by minorconfusion »

tackled one side today, talk about find the right order of installation! bearings just nocked out, much easier than doing the same job on a mini, just a shame how crap the hydragas is really. think ill ditch and replace the system befor long! other side next!
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

yes there is a plastic grease tube between the two bearings.
yes the old bearings are quite easy to knock out using the old axle.
I dont think hydragas is bad. I actually quite like it. no shock absorbers needs changing and it has resonable ride.
Wibblyp

Post by Wibblyp »

I have been told that you can get extra life out of the rear arms by rotating the pin, any truth in this?
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

Wibblyp wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:36 pm I have been told that you can get extra life out of the rear arms by rotating the pin, any truth in this?
the pin definitely wears on one side, so rotating it should make it wear more evenly and generally I like the idea, but the amount of wear will probably be about the same once it is nescessary to rotate it, and it will still be too large.

I believe more in frequent and plenty greasing.