Intake performance?

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Rover100

Intake performance?

Post by Rover100 »

Hi all! Been a while since ive been on here ill admit but i was wondering if anyone could point in the right direction for possibly and induction kit for the 8v k series engine, im not looking to engine swap as although she is my project she is also my daily so unfortunately time is not my friend so if any body has any pointers be sure to let me know
Cheers guys

Dan
DotMatrix

Re: Intake performance?

Post by DotMatrix »

is it a carb or injection engine?
Rover100

Post by Rover100 »

It is a single point injection :)
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

if I were you I would be looking for a k&n filter element that fits the standard filter box.
Rover100

Post by Rover100 »

I already have one of those in there was wondering if there was any conversions anyone has done but if not ill stick with my panel filter 😊
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

I am not sure by any means, but something like this might fit. but it wont help performance as it will probably be drawing in hot air rather than nice cool air

https://www.minisport.com/knn57-0082-k- ... 92-96.html
Rover100

Post by Rover100 »

Ok i will look into it i have considered loads of different ideas now and the most sensible one is the panel filter it will be to hard to re route all the vacuum pipes the are all relying on the original airbox but thanks anyway dude
Wibblyp

Post by Wibblyp »

I removed and cut the air filter box intake pipe. To my mind any pipe bolted to the side of a light is restrictive. I did however try and keep it's inlet as far from the radiator as possible
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

I got a piper cross one from dc performance and gust ran a duct from the spare bonnet vent to feed cold air to it
Sounds great aswell