Spark plugs

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Re-Carbed

Spark plugs

Post by Re-Carbed »

What's best for my 1.1 carb K series? Haynes says Bosch but I currently have NGK Platinums in. Does it make a difference? What do you think?
DotMatrix

Re: Spark plugs

Post by DotMatrix »

I think the ngk ones are pretty good. I have previously used champion sparkplugs as I like them, but for no technical reason. I think someone once said that the platiniums would last a long time, dont know if that is true.
Re-Carbed

Post by Re-Carbed »

DotMatrix wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:21 am I think the ngk ones are pretty good. I have previously used champion sparkplugs as I like them, but for no technical reason. I think someone once said that the platiniums would last a long time, dont know if that is true.
I like Champion spark plugs as well as they have a feeling of history and heritage - they seem to just look good on an older engine. My Metro came with the platinum plugs fitted as the previous owner bought them and they were well expensive. I tried original Bosch ones as my local motor shop had them in stock but it did not seem to run as well - hard to define - so I put the NGK ones back in. So, to summarise, I could have saved money and time by simply ignoring the plugs and driving the car! - the curse of the tinkerer. :lol:
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

I too know the urge to fiddle and tinker with stuff. luckily there is always something slightly broken or out of place between my three running cars and my project cars :)