suspension swap, K series to A series

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
Davidh1041

suspension swap, K series to A series

Post by Davidh1041 »

I have just replaced the suspension set-up on my A series 1986 Metro, to the Hydrogas units and front to back pipes from a 1997 K series. My A series had run out of gas and was very bumpy. The modification has improved the ride, but my question is, when the set up was on the K series, i needed about 300lbs pressure to get the correct ride height. Now that it's on the A series i had to pump it up to 400lbs to get the correct height. Has anyone done this swap and if so, is there some difference in the radius arms and top wishbone causing this?
Any advice very much appreciated as usual.
Cheers David.
DotMatrix

Re: suspension swap, K series to A series

Post by DotMatrix »

I dont know the difference between a to k series and I have never read of other people doing the swap you have done, but have you compared the trumpets in the hydragas cans for differences in length? these alu trumpets can be taken out of the hydragas can. other than that, there are differences between mk1 and mk2 rear radius arms, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was also differences between a and k series arms.
Davidh1041

Re: suspension swap, K series to A series

Post by Davidh1041 »

Okay, thanks for the replay, i will compare the trumpets and report back.
Cheers David