unexpected torquesteer

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
DotMatrix

unexpected torquesteer

Post by DotMatrix »

my 998 shouldn't have torque steer, but have slowly developed a bit anyway. which suspension component might be failing would you think? I can't see any bushes or anything that look to be falling apart.
Glyn-ellis

Re: unexpected torquesteer

Post by Glyn-ellis »

It could be a number of things from worn bushes to rotting away subframe mounting points or even radius arm play.. sounds like you need to get the jack and pry bars out!
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

Glyn-ellis wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:49 am It could be a number of things from worn bushes to rotting away subframe mounting points or even radius arm play.. sounds like you need to get the jack and pry bars out!
I have briefly checked it without finding anything, but looks like I will have to do a more thorough check when I get the chance.
R100_vvc

Post by R100_vvc »

i would try swapping wheels front to rear, could be a case of tyres worn unevenly causing you the issue. Certainly had a big difference on my k turbo metro which had a similar problem and turned out to be the tyres
Rover 100 143 vvc 13.8 @ 99mph
Rover metro 1.8T 12.7 @ 113mph

Hydrogas Pump available (Kent)
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

R100_vvc wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:33 pm i would try swapping wheels front to rear, could be a case of tyres worn unevenly causing you the issue. Certainly had a big difference on my k turbo metro which had a similar problem and turned out to be the tyres
it looks like it wasn't the wheels as changing from winter wheels to summer wheels didn't change the problem at all.

I will have to check those bushes again at some point
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

Aparently the problem was a worn out track rod end