Rear wash wipe not working

Technical Help for the A & K Series Metro. Please state what year and model you're referring to for better responses.
AlunReynolds

Rear wash wipe not working

Post by AlunReynolds »

I have checked that the nozzles are clear and that there is fluid in the reservoir. Pump is running on demand. Water is squirting out of a small round plastic bleed valve type insert, which is set in-line on the rear feed pipe just to the rear of the reservoir. The fluid is squirting from this into the engine bay instead of proceeeding through the pipe. Have tested by putting a finger over the little bleed hole to see if the fluid makes it to the rear screen. No dice. Fluid just squirts from the bleed hole at an increased pressure for a few moments when I remove my finger. Any ideas or recommendations on what to do to fix this would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Alun :D :D :D
DotMatrix

Re: Rear wash wipe not working

Post by DotMatrix »

I think this is the one way valve which is meant to keep washer fluid near the rear nozle so that you dont have to press and hold the button for seconds before the rear wash works. I bet you can find a one way valve from many other cars that will work, or just connect the two pipes with a connector and then see if that isn't also working