Mk1 MG hill climb racer

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
DotMatrix

Re: Mk1 MG hill climb racer

Post by DotMatrix »

Re-Carbed wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:05 pm Why not cut a hole in your blanking plate and have a lightweight tube that butts on to the bonnet vent when the bonnet is closed? I need not weigh much, and could have a concertina bit at the upper end for a good seal. That way any air rammed in during racing would have to go through your usual system of cabin ducts etc and you could divert it to the windscreen with the lever - or the face vents. Would,t do much when you are still though.
yes I have thought about somehow routing a tube/hose through the blanking plate, but how would you attach it to the blankingplace to ensure an air-tight fit? the other end I would either route out above the headlamp or to a bonnet vent as you say. by the way, there is not heater inside the car either.