Simon's 1996 Rover 100 Knightsbridge SE

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
LowlyGamer

Simon's 1996 Rover 100 Knightsbridge SE

Post by LowlyGamer »

Hi

I found out about the forum through the Facebook group so thought I would sign up. I'd been looking at early BMW Mini's to use as a cheap run about with a long term project in mind but all the cars within budget were dog rough with sky high miles. I then started to look for a Nova but prices are going crazy for good quality cars. After that I just started looking for cheap small hatch backs and a few metros with low miles popped up so I started doing a bit of research on how to make them quicker and sportier. I was really surprised just how capable they can be made to be on a relatively small budget. There also doesn't seem to be any shortage of low mileage examples in half decent condition. As I'd never even sat in a Metro I decided to go check one out locally. Sadly when I got there, although the car looked really good for its age, the header tank was mostly oily sludge. As the overall condition of the car was pretty solid and had been looked after by it's only owner (a 91 year old woman who stopped driving last year) I decided to do a deal and pay the £750 asking price (feel free to tell me if I was robbed!!). I spent most of my late teens and 20's modifying cars and working for an aftermarket part supplier but decided to take a break from it when my daughter was born 4 years ago. I've recently moved so after finishing my gaming room I've turned my attention to the garage and now need something to fill it.
LowlyGamer

Re: Simon's 1996 Rover 100 Knightsbridge SE

Post by LowlyGamer »

On Saturday I went to collect the car. It turned over, ran fine and the temp wasn't going crazy so I decided to limp it the 9 miles home. Amazingly the car ran faultlessly all the way and the temp didn't even go past half way. Over all I'm very happy with my purchase. The owners son said bonnet had previously been sprayed but looking at it closer it's also a red one that's been sprayed, the bumper and grill have also been sprayed but to a higher standard and a rear quarter also. All the arches and sills appear to be solid from what I can see. The interior is excellent also.

DotMatrix

Re: Simon's 1996 Rover 100 Knightsbridge SE

Post by DotMatrix »

The car looks to be in good condition. I like the Color.