Moreys 160 VVC Mk3 rep

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
Morey

Moreys 160 VVC Mk3 rep

Post by Morey »

My Rover 100 Knightsbridge 1120cc 1997 34000 miles when i got it as a present. (the car was in my distant family, only had 2 owners before me) Image Image Is in spot on condition, apart from a little driver side rear rust bubbling, i have blasted what i could see with waxoyl from the inside and outside. and painted over it for now! it will have to be seen to eventually though. Heres what ive done so far: -added alloy wheels -upgraded head unit to JVC -added rear 10cm speakers -Painted front and rear bumpers gloss black, side strips and skirts also. -Painted interior dashboard, doorbits and detailed things in white -Doubled up Rear fogs -Added a GTI spoiler (also sprayed gloss black) -Let a bit of fluid out (still trying to get my head around the lowering guide) -added a K&N style air filter to the engine -treated the underside of car for rust and sealed it. -tinted rear lights with fly eyes kit -debadged and custom badges added/made -GTI rev counter and clocks -bee-sting Ariel -GTI "lightning seats" back and front + doorcards -dyed carpet black Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Need some advise on where to go next, what do you think is still tasteful and not stupid? My plans are: -Lower it properly once i can get my head around the info -Install this? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1903wt_905 - Buy these? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-100-200-SID ... 1c134ed018 - Get some MPI alloys - tint rear windows (already tried and is a pain!) - was considering painting the alloys black but im not sure. - callipers sprayed red? Let me know what you guys think, or any tips are welcome! :D
Morey

Re: Moreys 160 VVC Mk3 rep

Post by Morey »

Thanks for that list martin, and as for the BRM grille i will investigate! Shame really, was just about to sink my teeth into that exhaust. But i'd rather you tell me than i found out by loosing my hearing! Carpet dye i used link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-CARPET-FABR ... _820wt_905 LETHAL stuff mind, go steady wear overalls and gloves cause this stuff sticks to anything like shit to a blanket. also, i did it with the carpet it as it really doesnt take that much time to dry. (in summer) But taking it out would save the overwhelming smell of permanent marker pen whilst driving for a week! Piccy: Before: Image After: Image Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

Few things i havent uploaded yet: My custom air filter assembly. Flexible hose wedged on K&N style two cone filter, cheapo heat shield! Image Image My engine bay needs a good clean, but how shall i go about it? blast it with a powerhose? or will that let water into all the wrong places? or old fashioned damp rag wipe down? Currently: Image EXTRA: In the past month i also repsrayed rear quarter panels to match all others. Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

Got a set of GTI side skirts the other day from gti'r 100. Came through swiftly and need a bit of work done to them, repairs repsray etc: Image Image Image Image Image Already rubbed one done ready for my re-spray when it gets warmer, cracks in one that needs fixing, silicone or pop rivets and aluminium plates. not sure!!
Morey

Post by Morey »

Been up to very little this cold winter, although ive made a few improvements and additions: By finding another fog light switch, combining it with a christmas present i've added some RING driving lights to my car. Wired up to the switch so it looks genuine: Image I managed to figure out which pin was what: earth, power etc. Image Image Image Image Managed to link it up so the interior bulb lights up when power is sent to the lights Image Image Image Image Image Look how much brighter they are.
Morey

Post by Morey »

Other things ive done recently: BLACK BLACK BLACK Image Image Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

Fixed those gti skirts with a bit of help of some rivets, needs straightening out because it bends but apart from that its fixed: Image Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

Added a airbag wheel yesterday, from a metro i found in my local scrappy. (well thats a lie, i nicked the wheel from a rover 25) and got the loom from the metro. Only thing im missing is the fuse/fusebox. Dont know if any of you could enlighten me what im looking for fuse wise, and if i need that yellow box thats shown in the guide. I plugged the loom into the hole where it fits and clipped the fuse bit on. Heres the result: Image Image Image
Morey

Post by Morey »

GTI B-pillar covers now currently: Rubbed down: Image Primed: Image 3 light coats of satin black: Image One slightly heavier coat of stain black: Image Will be on the car soon!
Morey

Post by Morey »

The B-pillar covers came from a member off here, i think they exist on some luxurious models and maybe a few gti's/gta's? I have them on the car now: Image Image I have also re-done my A-pillar covers: Image Image Also found a rover 25 mirror and added it, i can see everything now! Image PLUS: these bits are drying as of now! can you see: Image Image