Not even bought it yet!!

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
DevonMetro

Not even bought it yet!!

Post by DevonMetro »

Hi all, so this is a bit pre-emptive but i am soon to be the owner of a 1.8vvc Metro / 100 and wanted to start a journal to share my progress and plans as i work with my vehicle. So firstly i aanounced it to my friends and someone kindly bought me this!:
Image1.1 badge by Geoff Palmer, on Flickr
"But it's only a Metro!
DotMatrix

Re: Not even bought it yet!!

Post by DotMatrix »

how nice of your friends :) does the car need any work then or is it ready to drive?
DevonMetro

Post by DevonMetro »

So I am off tomorrow to pick up my new car! Super excited, it’s what seems to be a very tidy Rover 100 Kensington with a 160 MGZR Engine, chassis has 32k on it and engine is approx 90k, head gasket and cam belt done at approx 70k. The car is totally stock apart from that so great to be starting with a clean canvass
"But it's only a Metro!
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

it sounds like a nice low mileage example. you can vastly improve the handling with various suspension mods.
DevonMetro

Post by DevonMetro »

So I bought my gal today, she’s called Roxy, love her to bits but the suspension DEFINATELY needs sorting out. I drove her home but bouncing all over the place like crazy!! from what I hear I need to get the units emptied and re filled correctly.
"But it's only a Metro!
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

DevonMetro wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:02 pm So I bought my gal today, she’s called Roxy, love her to bits but the suspension DEFINATELY needs sorting out. I drove her home but bouncing all over the place like crazy!! from what I hear I need to get the units emptied and re filled correctly.
congratulations:)
that sounds correct. you may want to look into individualizing if the car hasn't had it done already.
DevonMetro

Post by DevonMetro »

Yeah, just going to go with a pump up for now but definately going to look into individualising soon!
"But it's only a Metro!