Metro modprod hillclimb/sprint VVC/6R4-ish thing...

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
Divetrucker

Re: Metro modprod hillclimb/sprint VVC/6R4-ish thing...

Post by Divetrucker »

Pickford wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:06 pm cheers bud I'll have a think about that at the front then so by the sound of it it's easier just to cut the wheel well out then? and just make sure the diffuser is as long as I can get it?
If you can live without the wheel well, that will help enormously.
Divetrucker

Post by Divetrucker »

DotMatrix wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:02 pm very impressive build! how long time have it taken to get this far then?

the tubing on those rear trailing arms looks a bit thin to me, what do you think, did you do calculations on that material also?
the works turbos definitely used a lot larger diameter tube.

Started work at the back end of 2016. progress has stalled lately due to work commitments but we should be back to it next weekend.

The trailing arms will be plenty strong enough for racetrack usage, especially given the lack of weight on the rear axle. I would use something much more robust to cope with the potholes and speed bumps of public roads!
Pickford

Post by Pickford »

yeah I can live without the well and am contemplating putting a brace between the two sides of the rear subframe.
N447AKU Kingfisher Blue R116 Kensington (SCRAP)

M356NVP Flame Red R114 Gta (WRITE OFF)

M752PDB Kingfisher Blue R111 Kensington SE (CURRENT PROJECT)

MM07XDP Red Pugeot 107 :lol: (DAILY)
Divetrucker

Post by Divetrucker »

Finally got back to some serious work on the car after some weeks of real life getting in the way!
The cooling system is now complete and both doors are fitted. Still worried about the top of the polycarbonate windows bending out at speed but just need to wait and see if this is a problem.
The front undertray has proven to be an awkward thing to fix in place but still leave access to the gear linkages and the sump plug.
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

Divetrucker wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:18 am Finally got back to some serious work on the car after some weeks of real life getting in the way!
The cooling system is now complete and both doors are fitted. Still worried about the top of the polycarbonate windows bending out at speed but just need to wait and see if this is a problem.
The front undertray has proven to be an awkward thing to fix in place but still leave access to the gear linkages and the sump plug.
good to hear that the work is still progressing, but no pictures? :)

I have been toying with the idea to make an undertray to fit to an a-series car in an attempt to lower the cabin noise, but have also concluded that it would not be easy to make on as things like the sump would stick you through it.
Wibblyp

Post by Wibblyp »

Such commitment deserves rewards a plenty
Northernstar002

Post by Northernstar002 »

Sorry to bump this thread, but any update on this awesome project?
Northernstar002

Post by Northernstar002 »

Another bump...surely work has continued?