Hadleys' 1996 Rover 100 (Pic / Info Heavy)!

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
MHadley98

Hadleys' 1996 Rover 100 (Pic / Info Heavy)!

Post by MHadley98 »

Seen that there was a new forum and thought i'd make a new build thread - Already own a MK3 BRG Metro GTa, but due to it blowing a top and bottom hose whilst working on it (due to the system being pressurised and the fact the hoses were in poor condition), i have put the project at the back of the queue.

On my hunt for Metro parts, a 96' R100 popped up whilst trawling through eBay ads, which was about 10 miles away from where i live, looked pretty mint and was a one owner, still in the town that it was registered / sold in (owned by an elderly couple), had 32k on it, temp needle was sat in the right spot and there was no rust on the body work (apart from the lower radiator support / front panel) - for the price it was at, i bought it unseen, which could've been a nightmare but fortunately wasn't :D

Within about 3 days of picking her up, i managed to source some bits off of the Metropower Facebook page -

R100 GTa seats - Fronts, Rears and Doorcards.

MK3 Metro GTi - Side Skirts, Rear Spoiler, Spats (Colour Coded to Kingfisher) and Black Carpets -

So i cracked on with replacing the interior as the Knightsbridge interior that it comes with (is fairly nice), but is quite dull! :lol:

Front seats removed -

Replaced front half with GTi carpet, floor was mint underneath and no signs of any patches.

Rears out -

At this point i found at (as i didn't look through the history folder for the vehicle), that it has had O/S and N/S full outer and inner sills, along with new arches on both sides - as i was able to see the weld lines from where they had been put in.

Rear black half fitted -

Rear GTa split bench fitted - yes needs a clean haha :lol:

Fronts fitted, will clean up nice with a bit of upholstery cleaner and good wet vac -

Time for the Doorcards -

Definitely needs black interior plastics, will most likely spray the ash grey ones up.

Keeping on the interior theme, i managed to find out (with a bit of guessing), that a Peugeot 306 HDI centre console should fit with a bit of cutting / filing.

Initial test fit -

Make some aluminium mounting brackets -

Little bit of drilling to make them self tap into the bottom edge of the dash -

Ta Da! :geek:

gshaw

Re: Hadleys' 1996 Rover 100 (Pic / Info Heavy)!

Post by gshaw »

Nice work, love that centre console 8-)

Does the back section have an optional armrest on any of the Peugeot models? One thing I'd really like in my R100 but haven't found anything suitable yet...
DotMatrix

Post by DotMatrix »

nice solid looking car. also like your centre console, it look really smart. but you ought to mount the alu brackets on the back so they weren't visible.
MHadley98

Post by MHadley98 »

gshaw wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:08 pm Nice work, love that centre console 8-)

Does the back section have an optional armrest on any of the Peugeot models? One thing I'd really like in my R100 but haven't found anything suitable yet...
I haven't had a proper look yet about the pug armrest, but i think it would interfere with where the seat belt buckles are, unless you could get the buckles to go up the sides of the centre console, i have them currently set up going through where the rear coin holder would normally be.

:)
MHadley98

Post by MHadley98 »

DotMatrix wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:08 pm nice solid looking car. also like your centre console, it look really smart. but you ought to mount the alu brackets on the back so they weren't visible.
Cheers mate! :D Yeah i will either revise the mounting method, or will most likely paint them matte black to they're less visible.
gshaw

Post by gshaw »

Just need to spray those brackets black and use black screws to make the mounts a bit more stealth ;)