Sean's Rover Metro 1.8 turbo

A place for members to have a real time diary of what they have done to their car/s. Use one post per person/car and add to it as you work on your pride & joy. Please add the year and model in the title (example: - Dave's 1992 Metro 1.4SL)
R100_vvc

Sean's Rover Metro 1.8 turbo

Post by R100_vvc »

I thought i would start another journal since we have moved from the old site. It's always nice to look back over the years to remind your self of the stages you through on your cars :)

Any my car started life as very basic Rover Metro 1.1c Quest edition which basically means you get nothing, not even a radio !!
When i bought the car it had a very low mileage of 18,000 miles, its now on 30,000 miles.
As i do, the lovely little 1.1 carb engine was removed and i started to go about converting the car to run injection system and give it a good wax-oil underneath. Then once i was happy i set about fitting the K series turbo engine, along with all the Metro Gti spec suspension.

The current spec of the car;

Metro gti interior, suspension (rear cans and ARB's)
MG TF steering geometry inc red band rack
MGF front brake, grooved and dimpled discs with yellow stuff pads
Full Metro GTi exterior trim
14" comp wheels with 185 55 14 semi slick tyres
Gaz front dampers
Engine is stock 1.8 Turbo engine with exception of ductile liners
GT2560r Ball bearing turbo
315 cc injectors
VVC inlet manifold with 52mm tb
Water charge cooled intercooler
Mems 3 management tuned by Kmaps
261 bhp @ 14 psi

Engine bay cleaned, and GTi shock mounts welded in

2.5" stainless steel exhaust fitted

Metro GTi style tail pipe

AEM boost gauge and controller and AFR gauge fitted into wood dash caps painted black

Engine in and a picture of the car on the dyno having the ecu mapped to suit my new set up

Rover 100 143 vvc 13.8 @ 99mph
Rover metro 1.8T 12.7 @ 113mph

Hydrogas Pump available (Kent)